Owning a business can be a lot of work, and one of the last things you want to think about is security. However, security should be at the top of your mind, as even the most minor security lapse can have major consequences for your business. Locksmith Liberty, trusted commercial locksmiths in Los Angeles, have put together a list of the 5 most common security mistakes businesses make and how to avoid them.
1) Not investing in a security system – A security system is an important investment for any business. It can help to deter criminals and can also provide law enforcement with valuable information in the event of a break-in. A security system can be as simple as a few cameras and a monitoring system, or it can be a more sophisticated system that includes motion detectors and alarm systems.
2) Not changing locks when an employee is terminated – When an employee is terminated, it is important to change the locks on all doors that they had access to. This includes any exterior doors, as well as any interior doors leading to sensitive areas such as inventory storage or office space. This ensures that your former employee cannot come back and gain entry to your business.
3) Relying too much on key cards/codes – While key cards and codes can be convenient, they are not foolproof. If an employee loses their key card or if someone gains access to the code, they can easily enter your business without being detected. It is important to have other security measures in place, such as cameras and alarms, to help deter criminals and catch them if they do gain entry.
4) Relying on outdated methods of security – Just because something has worked in the past does not mean that it will continue to work. Criminals are always finding new ways to break into businesses, so it is important to stay up-to-date on the latest security methods. This includes keeping up with software updates and patching any holes in your system.
5) Not getting regular maintenance checks for your security system – Like any other system in your business, your security system needs to be maintained on a regular basis. This includes checking the cameras, alarms, and motion detectors to make sure they are all functioning properly. It is also important to test your system regularly to ensure that it is working as it should.
There are a number of things that business owners can do to protect their property from these risks. Firstly, they should work with a reputable locksmith who can assess their security needs and install high-quality locks. Secondly, they should have a security system in place which includes CCTV cameras and alarm systems. Finally, they should make sure that their premises are well-lit and that there are no hiding places for burglars.
A security system is an important investment for any business, and it is important to stay up-to-date on the latest security methods. Locksmith Liberty can help you install the best business security systems or maintain your existing one. Give us a call today!